Jeff Kelly from SearchDataManagerment.com writes about the momentum of SaaS based data quality and integration tools. With quotes from a survey done by research firm Gartner he writes about how “the on demand model is beginning to gain foothold in the industry”.
A few remarkable facts from the Gartner survey:
- 28% of companies have deployed SaaS-based data integration tools
- 24% have SaaS-based data quality tools
- Most companies use a mix of on-premise, outsourced and SaaS-based technology
- SaaS-based software, at this point, often trails its on-premise counterparts
- Gartner advice: “Plan SaaS deployment enterprise-wide….to guard against siloed investments”